9.03.2009

Pregnancy - Day 140

Well I'm half-way there!!!
Today I'm 20 weeks pregnant!

Since getting sick this week, I've lost another 2 lbs again.
So I'm -2lbs from the start. My doc doesn't seem too
worried and hasn't said anything...so I'm not too worried
either. I really didn't need to gain much this pregnancy
so I think I'm doing good thus far!
Sleeping is something I'm not used to these days,
I've always said it's God's way of preparing us mommas
for the sleep-less nights ahead :)
I did stay home from work yesterday and actually slept til noon!
I don't think I've done that since I've been in college! ha
I think I really just needed a day to rest and not do anything!
Mom watched Alli Jo for me, and Hunter was at school.....so
I really didnt' have to worry about anything!

Despite not gaining any weight...I know that my belly is
growing and growing b/c my shirts are getting shorter LOL!
I'm going to have to do some more fall/winter shopping and
maybe that will be my last time to shop!
Here are some fun facts about baby this week:
Your baby weighs about 10 1/2 ounces now.
Baby's also around 6 1/2 inches long from head to bottom
and about 10 inches from head to heel —
the length of a banana.
He or she's swallowing more these days,
which is good practice for his digestive system.
She's also producing meconium, a black, sticky
by-product of digestion. This gooey substance will accumulate
in her bowels, and you'll see it in his first soiled diaper
(some babies pass meconium in the womb or during delivery).

Oh and last but NOT least...
Today is Joe's 28th B-day and our
4 year Wedding Anniversary!
It's hard to believe we met when he was 22 and I was 21 :)

September 3, 2005


6 comments:

Sandy said...

Happy Birthday Joe and anniversary to you guys!!! Got married on his birthday - how memorable :)

Once I hit the 20 week mark, it seemed to have flown by! Granted I only went about 14 weeks more after that, but still :) Your little cutie pie is going to be here before you know it!

I hope you get to feeling better soon, it's hard to enjoy the pregnancy completely whenever you feel like crud :(

I'm glad you were able to get some sleep as well....much much needed I'm sure!

Amy S said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! You young pups!! :)

What do I need to do to get ready for class?? :)
ENJOY your special day

Ashley said...

Happy Anniversary! And I wish a Happy Birthday to Joe...he is just around 6 months younger than Jarod. Hope you enjoy this special day!!

Brenda said...

Happy Anniversary!! And happy Bday to Joe!
If you want to look through my maternity, you are more than welcome to! I have quite an assortment of sizes and seasons - what are you doing this weekend? Otherwise I could send them by way of Matt to drop off to you sometime. Let me know!

Ali Gish said...

Happy anniversary!! Hope it was wonderful! :)

Tera said...

Great wedding shot! Happy 4years and Happy Bday to Joe!