4.10.2009

Good Friday

Today is Good Friday. There were times in my life I didn't even observe good friday...I guess it was nice to have a day off school or work but that's all I cared about at the time. How selfish I was!
Today is a different story. I have learned that today commemorates the crucifixion and death of Jesus my Savior. How selfish I was in my past! Jesus gave HIS life for ME! And I cannot even take a day to remember him???
Jesus, How do I even express how grateful I am to you Lord for dying on the cross for my sins??? You have given me salvation! An eternal life with YOU!! Lord I will do my best to honor you! I will live my life with YOU first! Thank you Jesus! Amen
Watch this video....it give me chills!!
If you have not seen the The Passion of the Christ....take time to watch it this weekend!!

A fellow blogger had this on her blog and I thought it was perfect!
"For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God" Romans 3:23
"The wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord" Romans 6:23
"that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved; for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation." Romans 10:9-10
Jesus did not die on the cross for no reason. He did it to take away our sins and be the sacrificial lamb so that we could accept him as our Saviour and have eternal life in Heaven.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

we have been singing this song on the praise team at church this month.. i love love love it. and love the video too.. it is just amazing, what Jesus went through and to think it was all for ME! God Bless

Mandi Knepp said...

Great post Leah! This last week has truely made me think about what he HAS done for us! HE IS GOOD!

Sonya said...

Thank you for the video Leah! I love that song. It is amazing what Jesus went through for US!

Jamie Truelove said...

wow...thx