Welcome Stella Alyse

Well she is here….Praise the Lord!! I am beyond blessed!
Everything went extraordinarily well! We are pleased to
announce that
is here!!!!!!
Her middle name is pronounced (uh-lease).
I was scheduled to be induced on Wednesday, January 13th.
I could hardly sleep on Tuesday night; I think I finally fell
asleep about 2am. The girls were so excited that night, they
both slept with mommy and daddy had to sleep on the couch.
It was the last night it would just be us three girls and it was
so fun. We laughed and giggled all evening =) We all guessed
what we thought Stella would look like. Of course both the girls
said they thought she would look like them, ha ha! I said I bet
she would look like both of them!

We went to admitting at about 6:30amWed. to check in to the
hospital. I had bought the girls shirts that say “I’m the biggest
sister, Hunter” and “I’m the big sister, Alli Jo” as well as a lil
night gown for Stella that says, “I’m the little sister, Stella”.
They were too darn cute! So of course they wore them to the
hospital. We checked in and they came and got me with a
wheelchair. They took me to room 265 and got me settled in
to my beautiful gown haha! My nurse was Stacy and she took
my vitals and got me set up with an IV. Since I was being
induced they already had a PITOCIN bag ready for me. She
also took my blood sugar because of the Gest. Diabetes. We
waited for Doc to get there to break my water. He arrived
about 8am. He broke my water and then they started my
pitocin. It wasn’t but minutes and the hard contractions began.
Of course I asked if I could get an epidural right away. I was
already at 4cm going in to the hospital. The anesthesiologist
was already in a procedure so the nurse said it would be within
the hour. Well one hour came and went and still no “happy
juice” LOL They ended up calling the other anesthesiologist
in so that I could get my epi. So for about an hour and ½ I
had the hard contractions. And they were STRONG, ugh!
My nurse gave me some pain meds to take the edge off, but
it made me a little loopy, sort of like I just didn’t care I was
in so much pain LOL Then finally about 9:30 or so I got my
epi and was in a much better mood =)

I was progressing very fast. We kept joking that Stella might
beat her big sister’s birth time of 11:31am. Doc had
called over at 11:10am, and the nurse checked me….and of
course I was 10cm and ready to go LOL. So my mom peeked
out the window and here came doc running over to the hospital.
I was a good pusher with Alli Jo, so we didn’t want to take any
chances of pushing before he got there. I was starting to feel tons
of pressure so it was very difficult NOT to push. It seemed like
only seconds and doc was there. He had me push once to see
how well I could. He told me that two more pushes and we’d
have a baby!!! Sure enough…two pushes and out Stella came
at 11:30am!!!!!! One minute before her sister 3 years ago haha!
I jokingly said they are competitive already!

They laid her on my stomach and she was soooo tiny! I could
tell she was MUCH smaller than Alli Jo (8lbs 6oz). She cried
the cutest little cry right away!! I could tell she looked a lot
like her big sisters!! Her big sisters came in and got to hold
her for the first time. It was truly the happiest moment of my
life to see all three girls and my awesome husband holding my
all together! The girls could not stop smiling, it was precious.
They cleaned her up and took her to the nursery to do all her
vitals and give her a bath. The nurse came back to tell me she
weighed 6lbs 12oz!! She was tiny =) Her Apgar scores
were great, I think 8 and 10!

We got several visitors the rest of the day. It was a little
overwhelming, but very kind of people to think of us. Stella
continued to do well all day! All her test came back great!
She had to have her blood sugar taken 3 times to make sure
it wasn’t too bad b/c mommy’s diabetes. They took mine as
well later and it was good, 85 I think. So doc told me I did
not have to take the insulin anymore, PRAISE THE LORD!!
And that most likely it will not return, but I have to see the
Endocrinologist in 6 weeks just to make sure!

The next day went just a great. We had our little couple’s
dinner that the hospital provides for mom and dad. And
after that doc came to check on me. The only problem I
was having was my headache. He said he would give me
some meds that would help with that. He said whenever I
was ready we could go home!! I had not been able to
sleep well at the hospital, so I wanted to go home as soon
as possible. So they discharged both Stella and I and we
went home! We stopped by the pharmacy to pick up my
pain meds on the way home. I had a prescription for my
cramping and for my headache.

And that pretty much sums up the first couple days of our
angels life. We are beyond blessed and so happy to have
her home and part of our family!!!


Chelsa said...

precious story!
glad everything went so well (and quick) :)

Abby said...

she is so precious. just wanna squeeze those little cheeks..:) congratulations on your sweet sweet girls!

Tera said...

Congratulations!!! I'm glad to hear everything went smoothly!

Sandy said...

I loved hearing your story, it sounds like it went so well! She sure is a little miracle isn't she? I'm so happy for you guys and if you need anything at all, let me know!

Audrey said...

Congratulations! She is precious! Akaysha was so excited when I told her that Alli baby sis had been born!

Brittany said...

Congrats!! She is precious! So glad everything went well. I forgot you went private and no wonder I didn't see you post in a long time:) Thanks for the reminder email.

Courtney, Jeff, Ayla & Leah said...

So sweet! Shes perfect!

Brandi said...

yea!!!! SOOO happy for you guys! Stella is absolutely beautiful!!! My 3rd was sooo tiny also, but wow has she grown fast! enjoy every moment!!

Ashley said...

I loved hearing about your delivery:) Stella was much smaller than I thought so I guess I didn't do too hot on your prediction poll that you had people vote on. haha