7.23.2008

My baby is turning 8!!!!

Where on earth has the time gone???? My oldest is turning 8 on Sunday!!! I cannot believe how grown up she is! She will be starting 2nd grade at Barr Reeve this year!

Just thought I would share a little info about the pregnancy and birth of my first born......

I was very young when I had Hunter, most of you who know my age can do simple math & figure out that much LOL! I was struggling with so many things as a young woman I really just couldn't find "me". I had been a Christian since I was 12 and baptized.....and so I was no stranger to praying. One night I sat in bed bawling my eyes out....I had the end of it, I could no longer go on without God helping me! I prayed and prayed that "something" would happen that would change my life for the better.

I can't remember how much longer after I prayed, that I found out I was pregnant with Hunter. There were so many mixed emotions going through my head. I knew that I was so young and had NO clue how I would raise this precious baby on my own. Her dad and I had rough times and were on-again, off-again for over 3 years at the time! I remembered my prayer that night, and knew this must be what God had sent me.

On July 27, 2000 about 6am...I woke up and felt something in the bed like I had peed...it wasn't a lot so I didn't know if it was my water that broke or if I really just peed Ha Ha! So I went to my mom's room and told her. I started having some contractions, so we sat & timed them. Sure enough they were exactly the same time apart. My OB at the time was in E-ville, so we thought we better head that way!!!

I really didn't have a "plan" about if I would get drugs or not....but man did I start getting some hard labor. The anesthesiologist came in and talked to me about the epi....she said she had an emergency c-section she had to do and would be right back. Well while she was gone...Hunter decided to move down some more....by the time she came back it was too late I could not get the epi!!!! So I had to do the labor DRUG FREE!! I thought I would die LOL!! But I made it through it, with the help of my mom and Hunter's dad.

Hunter Love Emmons was born at 2:01pm, weighed 6lbs 9oz, and was 19in long! I will never forget that moment! She was my miracle from God!!!

1 comment:

Chelsa said...

i love birth stories :)