6.23.2011

Nike + GPS App

For those of you with an iPhone or iPod touch...I wanted to share my all-time FAV app that a friend of mine discovered and has me hooked!! It's the Nike + GPS App.   Here is a screen shot of what it looks like....


It's honestly like having your own coach with ya.  You can map your runs, track your progress and get the motivation you need to go even further. Hear mid-run cheers every time your friends like or comment on your run status, or outrun them in a game of Nike+ Tag! 

This app is basically a GPS app that makes use of your iPhone’s GPS functionality so you should be aware that utilizing GPS will decrease iPhone’s battery life dramatically.  What makes this app is different with other GPS app is its features which designed specialized for runners and fast-walkers who want to track their running progress.

- The Nike+ GPS App is compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4 and iPod touch (2nd, 3rd, and 4th generations) running iOS 4.0 or later.
- Download it on the go and start running anywhere.
- Record your pace, distance and run route using the iPhone’s GPS and accelerometer technology
- Get voice feedback during your run on how you’re doing, or tap the map to see where you are
- Activate personalized PowerSongs to help you blast past your goals and records.
- Broadcast your accomplishments to the world via Facebook and Twitter.
- Keep a record of your best runs and see if you’ve got what it takes to break them.

I love syncing my runs afterwards and hearing if I've got a new PR or a new accomplishment.  This morning it said I've ran the most this week, than any other week!  Saturday it told me I got a new PR for my mile time as well as the 5k time ;)  I post it to FB in hopes that I inspire people that they can do it also!  Oh and I think I paid $1.99 for it....can't beat that!  

No comments: