No more sickies!!

We hope!
Last week on Monday (January 24th) Alli Jo got what we thought was the flu.   It was a preschool day, so she usually takes a nap....well no nap, just fell asleep around 5pm.  I knew she was tired so I let her sleep.  Joe had left with Hunter to go to a ball game.  Around 7pm Alli Jo came in my bedroom and scared me to death because she snuck up on me.  She looked at me and said, "I threw up."  I was like, "are you serious?"  So I ran to her room and it was EVERYWHERE!  Just the fun mom's like :(  UGH  Anyway, she got sick off and on until early morning.  When we woke up the next day she was doing "ok" but didn't look too good.  She was drinking as much as she could.  I went to work and didn't get any calls from my mom who watches her so I figured she was on the mend.  Even that evening she was tired, but expected of what she just went through.  What I didn't realize was that Alli had started having diarrhea.  So therefore I didn't know to try to push even MORE fluids.  So the next day I went to work, but when I came home on lunch, Alli Jo looked VERY ill.  She was laying in bed and could not even stand up.  She was so weak, when she stood up her legs were shaky. I had to carry her to even use the restroom.  Her lips were very dry, so I knew she must be dehydrated.  I realized it was lunch time at her pediatrician's office, but since it was over a 1/2hr away, I thought I would just get her loaded in the van and drive that way...then when they opened I would call.  So I did.  When I called I explained what was going on and I needed to get her in.  The lady on the phone said they were full, but I could go to the ER or Quickcare in Huntingburg.  I was a little irritated that they would not see her (and so was her pediatrician when I told her later) , but decided to head to the ER.  
Here's  a picture of sweet Alli on the way there


 At the ER she of course had to get an IV.  It's the worst feeling
in the world to have to hold your baby down while she's being
"tortured".  It just broke my heart :(  But as a mother, you have 
to just put your "it's ok" face on and do it!  

As you can see, she was not happy with me :(
 So she got some fluids, and actually within an hour started feeling pretty good!  Even the nurse was shocked.  So after just a bit long, they monitored her and said she could go home.  Just make sure she had some fluids.  Well on the way home, she fell asleep.  I wasn't thinking about her not drinking, b/c she was resting.  She slept the entire night through...I was so exhausted I honestly didn't think to wake her up to drink anything.  When she woke up, she was back at square 1 again :(  So took her to the pediatrician and they admitted her to the hospital pediatric unit.  I did not get any pictures of her during the really bad times, but I did take a few once she started feeling better :)  The did a culture and found she had the rotavirus.  I was familiar with it because Hunter got it around the same age and also ended up in the hospital. 

I forgot to mention Joe was sick with bronchitis at home. He could not help me at all.  He could barely get out of bed.  My step-dad came home early from work and watched Stella & Hunter so my mom could bring me a few things at the hospital.  God bless them! 

Shawn the pastor at the church we attend, came and visited Alli Jo and prayed with us.  Honestly that meant so much to me!  Alli was not at a good point, half-way sleeping and grouchy LOL  But Shawn was so sweet and asked if he could pray with us.  After that, I felt like we both got a 2nd wind...so much better!  She even asked to play a game on the laptop!

 The next morning she was even better!
 She had drank an entire diet sprite by herself!  (she wouldn't
drink anything else).  And look I even got a smile =)

I just love her so much! It's really times like these that make you stop and thank God that she is healthy and doesn't have a life-threatening illness.  My heart goes out to the mom's and dad's that have to be in the hospital for days, months, years...I cannot even imagine!  Many prayers to them!

Oh and the day after we got home Stella started getting white patches in her mouth!  She was so miserable!  Then the following day Hunt got strep throat.  Oh I have the best luck!  But I think we are all on the mend and could not be any more ready for SPRING BREAK!  


Greta said...

So glad the Robinson household is on the mend. It was good to have Alli back at Cubbies last night! Her laughter & big smiles are awesome!

Ashley said...

Atleast one good thing is that EVERYONE wasn't sick at the same time!!! Now that would have been crazy. So happy that the bugs are going away!!!!

Spring Break is getting so close for you all:)

Chelsa said...

glad everyone is feeling better!
so jealous of your sb trip!! hopefully i'll be moving in though that week!

Audrey said...

It's good to hear that everyone is feeling better! What a rough week for you all! Spring will be here before we know it! Well, that's what I keep telling myself anyway!